Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crepes

1c flour
1 1/4c water
3 eggs
pinch salt

Mix all ingredients thoroughly; let rest 5-10min. (I never let it rest, and it seems to turn out okay :) )

Pour onto a hot, (medium-ish) greased (Pam-ed) griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes; you can see when it's ready to be flipped...it starts on the edges and turns kind of a pale yellow color, and when the whole crepe is that color/consistency, then you flip it over, and cook the other side for around 10-15 seconds.

I've always heard that crepes are scary to make, or are hard or something, but I think it's a lot easier than pancakes...it's really easy to tell when it's ready to flip, and when you do flip it you don't have to worry about it sticking to the pan, or getting stuck on the spatula, or anything else.

For the filling, you can go sweet or savory. When I make them, I usually just microwave some frozen strawberries, (no sugar added) wrap them up, and then I spray some whip cream on the top. I've also made scrambled eggs with a few bacon bits, and rolled that up. I think I've even done salsa with the eggs too. So just try it out, and experiment with different stuff you like. Another good thing about crepes is that they're super cheap! So try it out. Do it. Now. Stop looking at the computer and do it. Now.

No comments: